Welcome to the home of GenTarkin’s Custom KNC Titan Firmware for your KNC Titan!!
Click –>>HERE<<– to Purchase ‘GenTarkin’s Custom KNC Titan Firmware’ Now!
Click –>HERE<– for github project info & version release notes!
Cllick ->HERE<- for support, feedback & questions!
current release: v1.0.4
|Major Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Additional Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
All the previous firmware features and improvements are included!
Now … you’re probably asking yourself “yeah yeah, but how much do all these wonderful new features cost?” Simple: $75 first full copy, $35 for additional licenses.
***IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTICE*** – Upon upgrading to and activation of this firmware, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to create backups of your Titan(s), then keep record of which backup went to which Titan. The backup can be used for reactivation.
ABOUT MY KNC TITAN FIRMWARE (GenTarkin’s Mod):
When I first purchased my KNCminer Titan, a few months back now, it had stability issues … mainly dies went to “sleep” or were “dropping”. I didnt want to daily or even hourly need to physically power cycle the miner. Without knowing much about these machines, I had a feeling that there had to be a way in which the cubes could be turned off or dies reset somehow that allowed the affected dies to “wake up” without manually power cycling the entire miner. Suddenly, it ticked in my head that because we had the Temps, Watts, Amps, Volts all shown on the advanced page, that meant the DCDC’s were somewhat programmable. So, I began to delve into the pi image and see how things worked. Luckily, as it turned out the DCDC’s were fully programmable and I figured out a way to issue power cycling on the DCDC’s for a cube which had dies that went to “sleep”. After testing this theory, the die came back online successfully w/o needing a manual power cycle!!!! So, this discovery lead to an announcement to the community which lead further into people testing it and having great success. After learning about how the code ticked on the pi that monitored & ensured the cubes running health … I figured out more ways to tweak and tweak and add features beyond what Id ever imagined!
Thanks the community, their ideas, testing, support & purchases … the firmware has turned into something amazing, something KNC/KNCminer would never care to code up for their customers!
Ive coded ‘GenTarkin’s Custom KNC Titan Firmware’ w/ reliability & safety in mind. In addition to solving the #1 annoyance many KNC Titan owners face(sleeping dies) … ‘GenTarkin’s Custom KNC Titan Firmware’ protects from DCDC overheating situations and fan failures!
Features of my Custom KNC Titan firmware update are listed below!
- Automatic Power cycling of dies which “stop hashing, sleep, dropoff, idle etc…”
- Added ability to switch between STOCK 5.1.0 BFGminer version vs newer 5.3.0 ver.
- Added DCDC temp monitoring & corrective action of 25mhz dropping on dies till DCDC temps are below threshold specified.
- In addition to the above, dies which were previously throttled will raise their clocks once under the threshold temperature setting by 10%.
- FAN-FAIL protection – works when DCDC monitoring enabled, if temp rises 10C above threshold or goes to 115C it will set those dies to OFF.
- FAN-FAIL notifications added to STATUS page & LCD showing the cube(s) w/ possible failed fan.
- Dies which cause constant soft / hard resets will be auto-bypassed for future resets. Message will be displayed on advanced page if any dies get autobypassed & option to clear the list.
- Added “Wall Watts” to ADVANCED page.
- Made “cube watts” consumption read out on ADVANCED page more accurate.
- Added option to SYSTEM page to change PSU effeciency – defaults to 85%.
- Added ability to choose between multiple webgui languages.
- Added more stats to STATUS page.
- Added miner name to not only STATUS but MINING & ADVANCED page.
- Added “donation status” to reflect which donation plan ur Titan is running.
- Added version info on STATUS page.
- Ability to flash my custom KNC titan firmware to stock 2.00 KNC firmware via SYSTEM->UPGRADE page using the .bin files hosted on my releases!
- Added option under SYSTEM to disable lighttpd access loggin(saves SD card life).
- When creating backup, it now saves clocks, voltages & miner name(if specified).
- Redesigned all branding graphics & information for webgui.
- Modified LCD readout to show my mod & version information.
- Integraded p4fg’s KNCminion webgui interface & put link on status page to it.
- Option to enable/disable readonly API access from all IP’s in MINING page.
- AND MORE TO COME!!!!
My most anticipated build is yet to come, it requires weeks of testing & coding…. The “Energy Saver” edition will be out any week now =)
It will offer further DCDC protection for overcurrent situations as well, among many other goodies throughout.
This firmware is easy to install! Once you have purchased and downloaded the file, simply go to SYSTEM -> UPGRADE in webgui. Install it like any other upgrade.
Reboot miner. Installation of my custom KNC titan firmware is now complete! =)
It will upgrade KNC stock v2.00 & all of my previous firmware releases.
Use at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damages arising from the use/misuse of this firmware.